No one is immune from identity theft. Identity theft occurs when someone steals your personal information and uses it for their own financial gain. Examples include gaining access to your bank accounts, credit cards, applying for loans in your name and hacking your super funds.
How to avoid identity theft :-
- Secure your mail box with a lock and check regularly
- Obtain a Post Office (PO) Box
- Shred or destroy your personalpapers prior to disposal
- Cover the key pad when usingATMs or EFTPOS terminals
- Update your anti-viruses andsecurity software on yourcomputers and mobiles
- Avoid using public wireless “hotspots” to do your internet banking